Re: West Nile vaccine. should we be using it?

> Vet is recommending vaccination for West Nile virus. We are in Dallas TX
> area.
>
> Is this worth while doing on healthy horses?  Two shots 2 weeks apart, and

We had a USDA vet lecturing to us last week and he recommended it highly,
even for horses in Colorado.  He said the epidemiologists are expecting WNV
to show up in Colorado sometime by the end of 2002, so I'd expect it to be
in Texas by or before then, too.

Mine are scheduled to be vaxed for it asap.

Susan G