one man's trash...

Way to go Sharkee! I've got my own little gem out in my backyard. He was from an accidental breeding, not registered. I first saw him around Christmas of '94 on the way to go shopping on lunch hour (he was at the dam owner's house) and wondered why a foal would be so small in December (he was foaled mid October). In February I met the sire's owner. My husband saw his stepson riding the horse and asked where the kept him. When I went to the barn this weanling had just arrived and I put 2 + 2 together and realized this was the little squirt. He always greeted you with pinned ears and his eyes rolling around in his head. So he got the basic round pen work but several people tried him and he would do things like bite their toes when they got on him. So he didn't do any trail riding. In the mean time I bought his sire and started endurance. He had some lameness issues and I gave him off for a year. So I tried a new horse. She wouldn't let me ride her when she was in heat (nobody else could stay on either). So I tried an ex-racer, and he turned out to have joint problems. So there was knothead, old enough and he had 4 legs. He is the smoothest arab I've ever ridden, and is very calm. Had a great LD season last year. Even ran over a dog at Old Dominion(I charged it to give him confidence and get it out if the middle of the trail). He still pins his ears and likes to yank my clothes, but he's my brat now, for life.

                     Shelly and Moon Shadow - see ya at Old Dominion