Re: RC: Re: physiology of weight/Absolutes?Nah.

In a message dated 2/13/02 11:44:40 AM Mountain Standard Time, helgeson@ndak.net writes:
It seems to me that the BC award does
not measure which horse did the ride in best condition, it just measures
which horse carried the most weight.

And you figured this out how?  Unless you see all the BC forms and the scores, CRI scores, etc., you have no idea why the horse than won BC did so.  Sometimes it is obvious but more often not.  As a ride secretary for a bunch of rides, I have seen the reasons and the markdowns for certain horses, lesion soreness, poor recovery, etc., which are not that apparent to the casual observer.  And by the way, in all 4 of my career BC's [and yes I am a HW] my horse got the high vet score by a lot..

maryben