NC AND WEIGHT -- other side of coin

Is there really a way of being completely fair(for > lack of a
> better word)to everyone and there horses. I have been to some
>>endurance events where the prize was so
> nice> that veteran riders and veteran horses rode in LD'S instead of
50's > or> 100's because there odd's of winning were better

Hee, hee, You think that feels bad...try finishing a tough 100 and
getting a t-shirt, and watching someone who "won" the 25 take home a
cooler (which you've never won) >g<  A few years ago I was at a fund
raiser ride that had a pretty high entry fee.  On Saturday night the 25's
and 50's had a BBQ Chicken dinner...while I headed back out on the
trail... we were to have a "100 Mile Awards Breakfast" the next morning.
I ended having a wreck in the dark and didn't complete, but the next
morning I dragged my bruised ribs out of bed early for our 100 mile
awards breakfast.  Turns out we got coffee and the left over Little
Debbies from the 50's dinner...and the awards? They had lots of great
donated awards, but they had let each placement choose theirs the night
before so the 100's got what the 25's & 50's left... and you know what?
It was O.K.! :-)  We knew that management was just trying to make some
money for a good cause.  I did ask myself, why pay so much more for the
100? What do I get out of it? But the answer was...I get to be a 100
miler! You've just gotta do it cause you love it and figure anything they
give you for it is just icing on the cake. :-))

Angie
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.