NC AND WEIGHT -- other side of coin

SHAJNA STRIKERGUY
I am not trying to start anything here, but here is something else to
think about.  Is there really a way of being completely fair(for lack of a
better word)to everyone and there horses. Everyone is mentioning weight,
experience and mileage for qualifing, but what about the other side of the
coin.  I have been to some endurance events where the prize was so nice
that veteran riders and veteran horses rode in LD'S instead of 50's or
100's because there odd's of winning were better because---- as we know
LD'S are made up of (not all) newbies. Should this be allowed at AERC
events?
Has anyone else seen this?