physiology of weight

In a message dated 02/12/2002 5:51:22 PM Pacific Standard Time, msofen@pacbell.net writes:

My point - there must be some other aspects of the horse/rider equation that
allow MW/HW riders to win and top ten events.  I would love to find out what
those are.

Arabians have always had the ability to carry more weight than other breeds. There is a wonderful story in Homer Davenport's book on how a small desert mare who had a foal at her side and was in foal when she carried 250 lbs (rider & tack) thirty miles in the desert at a blazing speed with no stops. This was the early 1900s. My opinion is Arabian have such heart that there is not much they cannot do.

Maria