Re: National Champ.

If you want to keep the facts straight, keep the facts straight.  Don't make blanket statements like this.  The NC that Randy put on had a bunch of HW in the top ten and the first place overall was a HW.  Check out Julie Suhr's research on Tevis.  Heavyweights have won Tevis numerous times. For all you people who may not know me, I am a heavyweight, and that is without my tack......maryben

Maryben,
  If you will notice, I quoted someone else, I was at the first NC in NM as well as the KY.  So I do know that HW and MW did well.  When I said get your facts straight it was to the person who had written the above quote.  I did not make this statement:  "If AERC were to eliminate weight divisions for the NC ride, all  MW and HW riders might as well stay home.  I watched  the finish in Kentucky.  There were no HW or MW riders in the first 18 to finish the 50.   With no weight divisions it will be FW or LW riders that win every NC--unless you handicap and let's not go there again."
  Hense the quotations on my original post.
  Crocket won the 100 the first year, and Jerry Fruth won it the second.
  Nina(who has attended every type of NC ride that AERC has tried, the series, the classic and the latest)