Re: RC: Pasture boarding and shoes?

There is a boarding stable near me that requires no back shoes.  In 30 years that is the first time I ever heard of that.  The other stables in my area, mine included, allow shoes.  I have about 40 acres worth of pasture on a hill and some of the horses are shod and some are barefoot.  I have never had a problem.  Knock on wood.  The horses sort themselves out and get along fine.  They love being a "herd".  I notice that they are much happier.  My two endurance horses I am riding now, are also kept in a 2-3 acre area with a run in shed.  They are happy to have at least one buddy to be with.  mb