From: DESERTRYDR1@aol.com
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
CC: carolyn_burgess@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: RC:  EIPH (Bleeders)
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 20:45:43 EST

I would strongly suggest NEVER using Lasix for an endurance horse, as it
works by dehydrating the horse, which lowers the fluid pressure in the
lungs,
and makes them less likely to bleed.  Doesn't hurt a race horse, who only
runs for a couple minutes at a time at most.  In fact, they routinely take
water and food away from race horses the morning of the race in order to
lighten the gut load and reduce weight.  Definitely not something we would
want to do with an endurance horse.   jeri