EIPH (Bleeders)

If you want to know more about exercise induced pulmonary hemoraging (EIPH),
you should talk to someone who races Standardbreds.  It is a well known
condition in the racing world, and Lasix seems to work well at controlling
it.  It appears to be induced during strenuous exercise.  It cannot be
eliminated by conditioning your horse, and may be more frequent with the
kind of riding that is necessary to condition an endurance horse.  I
wouldn't buy a horse that has EIPH nor would I use one for endurance. JMHO.

Carolyn Burgess