Equithan pad

Kate Jackychanman@aol.com
Hi,
I have a horse that I have been riding consistantly and his feet have
gotton sore, the sols of his front feet, and his heels have gone sore. The
vet recommended to use an Equithan pad, but I am just not comfortable
using them. I am worried about he pad coming off when I am riding and if
it dosn't give him enough traction. I am also wondering if I should do the
pad or correct it now with a differant type of shoeing. If anyone has some
input on my situation I would be glad to hear. It I think I am going to
correct it with a better type of shoeing but I want to hear what you
think, so feel free to e-mail me on what you think. Jackychanman@aol.com