Re: Re: 500 MILES

The only thing about the horses who can do 1000 miles in a season is....they have to have owners who can finance 1000 miles of rides!  :)  Our major concern is that our horses' biggest career drawbacks may be "us".  It's totally feasible for "us" to do 1000 miles here in Michigan in a season but to really be challenged and get to the rides I'd like to compete in someday (OD, Tevis, the Big Horn, Outlaw Trail...you get my drift) is gonna take some money!  :)  So, hopefully, I can find something to start making us big bucks, I can retire Nelson from shoeing and trimming, buy that big rig and a lifetime supply of gas to go with it and off we'll go.  :)  LOL  I guess my thought is that there may be lots of championship quality horses out there with owners whose wallets are too empty to get them there!!  :)
Maggie