[RC] IntNewsGroup: USA EQUESTRIAN HORSE ID NUMBERS - Lori & Rick Stewart
USA EQUESTRIAN HORSE ID NUMBERS
Beginning December 1, 2002, every horse competing in USA Equestrian
recognized competitions must have a horse ID number.
HORSE ID NUMBERS ARE FREE OF CHARGE
HORSES THAT ARE LIFE/ANNUAL RECORDED WITH USA EQUESTRIAN do not need to
apply for a new number.
HORSES COMPETING IN BREED SHOWS (Andalusian, Arabian, Hackney, Morgan,
National Show Horse, Paso Fino, Roadster, and Saddlebred.) MAY compete under
their registration number.
HORSES COMPETING IN EVENTING OR DRESSAGE MAY compete under the horse's
affiliate (USDF, USEA) life number.
HORSE ID NUMBERS DO NOT count for
* National, Regional or Zone Awards,
* Silver Stirrup Awards
* Regional Dressage Finals or their Qualifiers
* Jumper Classes at competitions offering over $2,500 in prize money
WHAT DO THE SECRETARY, TD OR STEWARD NEED TO LOOK FOR?
* Make sure a Horse ID number (either USA Equestrian, USDF, USEA or Breed
Registration number) is provided on the entry blank.
* If not, ask the member to complete a Horse ID application (remember horses
that are life/annual recorded with USA Equestrian are exempt).
* Submit the Horse ID applications to USA Equestrian.
THE SECRETARY, TD OR STEWARD DOES NOT NEED TO...
* Verify that any number provided is correct or legitimate
* Feel they need to enforce the rule with members that do not wish to
comply-USA Equestrian will address compliance issues with the respective
MEMBERS MAY APPLY FOR A HORSE ID NUMBER
* At the show, via the forms supplied by USA Equestrian
* On the USA Equestrian website at www.equestrian.org
* Via mail at USA Equestrian, 4047 Iron Works Parkway, Lexington, KY 40511
* Via fax at 859-231-6662
Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net.
Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp
Ride Long and Ride Safe!!