<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: [RC] [Guest] Desoto Saddles
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:42:00 GMT 2003
  • - Hilga Boskamp
  • - Heidi Smith

    [RC] [Guest] Desoto Saddles - Ridecamp Guest

    Behalf Of spiritwood@xxxxxxxxx
    Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2002 4:34 PM

    Hi,
    I have a Desoto saddle and I love the comfort and ease of use.  I rode
    my firse 100 in it (the Old Dominion), and I don't know if I would have
    made it in another saddle.  It is extremely well balanced and it is easy
    to  post for a hundred miles!  The other reason I'm responding is that
    my current Desoto fits my horse that is retiring and there is no way it
    will fit my new horse who is built like a QH. I am selling so I can see
    about getting my new guy measured for one.  Mine is obviously not new
    but if it will fit your guy you will be very pleased.  My saddle is a dark
    havanna brown with aluminium EZ ride stirrups.  It weighs 16 pounds,
    has all the rings to hook gear on, and also a leather attachment where
    you can put the watch part of your heart moniter so when the rider goes
    to the porta pot, the crew can still moniter the horse's heart rate.  I am
    also including the EZ wash girth with 1 wool and 2 felt back
    pieces,(nice when you can put on a nice clean, dry girth after a vet
    check).  I am also including the full felt endurance pad with leather
    wear leathers.  If you bought all this new it would cost over 1400. plus
    shipping.  I am asking 900. for the whole thing and fed ex ground is
    about 12 dollars.  I just got this saddle refurbished by the saddle
    maker herself,  and have only ridden in it a few times since then.  I will
    be listing this saddle on ridecamp classified when I get  off next week,
    but it is not listed yet.  If you might be interested, my saddle fits a
    medium build horse  with withers.  My new guy  is butterball fat with NO
    Withers.  He is shaped like a drum so I know saddle fit will be a big
    problem when he gets broken and has to give up his western saddle.
    Email me if interested or want more info.  Take care,
    Becky Supinger
    spiritwood@xxxxxxxxx