<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: [RC] Iron Rides (?)
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:42:01 GMT 2003
  • - Bob Morris
  • - superpat

    [RC] Iron Rides (?) - Bonnie Davis

    Also take off a tie-down.  At Ed Levin Park in Milipitas, California about
    20 years ago some 'horsemen' (and I use the term loosely) decided to swim
    across the lake -- they left the tie down on one horse.  It drowned!

    Question for all you -- just came back from the NFR in Las Vegas and was
    talking to a woman at the Convention Center Trade Show while wandering up
    and down the vendor isles.  She wasn't interested in the rodeo, just the
    trade show and mentioned she endurance rode and had ridden in a couple
    'ironman' (?) or 'ironhorse' (?), 'ironsomething' (?) rides, how much she
    liked them but had never finished one.  She said riders had no pit crews,
    had to take care of the horse on the whole ride themselves.  Somewhere
    between pottery and bridles we parted and I could never find her again, the
    hotel phone number she gave me -- I lost!  Anyone know anything about these
    'iron' rides -- I've never seen any press on 'em?

    And if Laura from the Trade Show in Las Vegas reads this -- sorry I didn't
    call you that night at the Rio, I lost your room phone number!

    Bonnie Davis