<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] riding in the rain
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:41:26 GMT 2003
  • - Floyd & Margaret Reid
  • - Flora Hillman

    Re: [RC] riding in the rain - Becky Hackworth

    Favorite rain gear on a budget.....Army Navy surplus camouflage (sp?) poncho....a coated nylon with hood....fits over helmet so no water down the neck....Sides are snapped together, so they are vented...and large enough to cover saddle and most of horses' butt, and 1/2 way down my legs and I am  5' 7"

    Becky and the gang.
    ----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Saturday, December 14, 2002 7:20 AM
    Subject: Re: [RC] riding in the rain

    In a message dated 12/13/02 9:52:42 PM Central Standard Time, SunsetOvrC@xxxxxxx writes:

    Is it going to hurt my horse to ride in the rain if I have a rump rug on her?  It won't stop raining here and I am tired of waiting.  I'm also wondering, is it going to hurt me?  Because it seems like even when I have a raincoat on I still get pretty soaked.

    My husband did his first 100 miler in the rain... and it rained and rained and rained. They completed with no ill effects of the rain other than running out of enough dry clothes to change into.

    Maria