Calf Abrasions

Title: Calf Abrasions

I had the opposite experience.  My shins were totally bruised with Western Fenders on an older Frost saddle, and I only can ride with English Stirrups.  That’s because I can never get the western fenders short enough for my stubby legs.

With my cheapo Abetta endurance saddle that I got to ride Drako in, I had to swap the fenders out (too long) for English stirrup leathers.  My leg swings a lot more with this saddle than it does with the ReactorPanel (which is English).  And I have had abrasions.

I put fleece covers on my English stirrups and found that the velcro on the covers bothered me more than the stirrrups did so I took them off.

I had some mild abrasions and bruising on my legs after DVE, but didn’t know it until my first real good bathtub soak after I got home.  Gee – how did those get there?

Another case where you just have to figure out what works for YOU and not what works for everyone else.

K.