Chiropractors

Title: Chiropractors

Sheez, where do everyone gets their chiropractic treatment?  I did go to a chiropractor for a year for a scioliosis issue, went three times a week.  Seemed like I was always “popping out” during that time.  This chiro was a “rack ‘em and crack ‘em” type where you have 10 tables and five assistant chiropractors doing the adjustments, and the whole process was 10 minutes each visit from the time you walked in and when you walked out.

I switched chiropractors.  I now go maybe 4 to 5 times a YEAR if I don’t do something stupid to get my body out of whack.  I go into a private room with nice piped in music, aromatherapy, hot pack and a get hooked up to some kind of “stim” machine to loosen up my muscles.  A massage therapist then comes in and does some nice relaxed stretches.  Then, the chiropractor comes in and does whatever needs to be done.  If she anticipates me being sore, she’ll set me up with some arnica (homeopathic remedy) and an ice pack to take home, but that’s usually if the visit was for a horse dumping.  Then a massage therapist comes in and uses the “thumper” machine on me afterwards.  I leave the office a wet happy noodle, barely able to be conscious enough to pay my bill about 45 minutes later.  It’s like a spa treatment.  The adjustments stay in place pretty nicely.

Even my horse, who gets “stuck” in his SI joint pretty regularly the same time every year, rarely needs more than one adjustment to take care of it.  I use Nancy Elliott, which is great because she’s also a ride vet.

K.