Prepurchase exams

> I believe in PrePurchase Vet Exams, but they're not infallible.

I have bought 3 different horses for endurance.  1) no vet exam, found out she had a bowed tendon, of course it wasn't even healed yet, but it didn't show. 2) had vet exam, vet loved the horse, she was perfect, tied up every time I took her out of her paddock once I moved her to my place. 3) Another prepurchase, nothing showed up, but she hasn't been sound since I started riding her.

I have come to the conclusion that you need to buy a horse from some one you can trust,preferrably someone in endurance,  know if the horse stays healthy during work, and have a prepurchase.  If you do all these things, hopefully, you will have a healthy horse.... but no guarantees.