Rider's Prayer

Kathy Adams kathy.adams@na.biomerieux.com
I saw this and liked it enough to pass it on. I hope you will also.
                          RIDERS PRAYER
  Dearest Creator in Heaven, give me strength to guide my horse. Make my
hands soft & my head clear. Let my horse understand me & I him. My heart
you have blessed with a special love of these animals, let me never lose
sight of it. My soul you have gifted with a deep need for them, let that
need never lessen. Always let my breath catch as the sun gleams on elegant
head. Always may my throat tighten at the sound of gentle nicker. Let the
scent of fresh hay & a new bag of grain be sweet to me. Let the warm touch
of a warm nose on my hand always bring a smile. I adore the joy of a warm
day on the farm. The grace & splendor of a running horse, the thunder of
it's hooves makes my eyes burn & my heart soar, let it always be so.
Dearest Creator grant me patience, for horses are harnessed wind & wind
can be flighty. Let me not frighten or harm them, instead show me ways to
understand them. Above all, dear Creator, fill my life with them. When I
pass from this world, send my soul to no heaven without them. For this
love you have given me graces my existence & I shall cherish it & praise
You for it for all time.

Author Unknown