Tevis Trail Work Party

I am posting this for the Western States Trail Foundation (Tevis), for
anyone who would be interested in doing trail work on the Western States
Trail in the Auburn area:

The Western States Trail Foundation will be having a work party on February
9, 2002.  We will assemble at 9 a.m. at the Drivers Flat parking lot.  This
is located approximately 8 miles from the Foresthill offramp on I-80, just
above Auburn.  Turn right onto Foresthill Road, look for the Drivers Flat
sign on the right side of the road; turn right into Drivers Flat road,
parking lot is approx. 1/4 mile down.  Car pooling will be used to move
workers to the respective areas.

Primarily, we will be working on the Fords Bar trail, in the berry bush
area.  On the same day, we plan to send an "overgrowth trimming" team on the
River Crossing trail.  We will be working on the lower trails during the
winter, and move up country as conditions permit.  There will be one work
party per month.  The tools of choice will be brush clippers, hoes and we
will supply McCloud hoes  Please e-mail Charles Gabri at
hillfolk@foothill.net, or call 530-367-2981.

Joan Dowis