Applegate-Lassen

As a huge fan of the Applegate-Lassen ride, Barbara and Lud can count on me
to be there.
There is always logistics to work out, but the ride can happen, and those
issues (mainly drivers) can be worked out. Every year it seemed that
something came up that had to be dealt with, but, as it was when I was in
the service, we adapted and overcame those obstacles. It was a great ride,
with beautiful scenery, wild horses, and was always fun. One year, it was so
funny after the ride meeting before day 1, we had two lines forming near
Karens rig and my rig. The line for Karen was for easyboot fitting or
foaming, the line for me was for horseshoes. Even the time Karen and I were
riding towards Mud Meadows in a freak thunder and lightning storm and
realized that we were the highest things out on the desert at the time!! Or
the time riding towards Gerlach and Karen and Weav decided to see if they
could ride double on top of me and Goofy at about a 9mph trot! I have a lot
of very fine memories of the times I rode that trail, all of them good. I
know that if the ride happens again, people will come, and I will be one of
them.

Brian Reeves