Re: RC: intranasal strangles vaccines

In a message dated 1/27/2002 5:05:17 AM Pacific Standard Time, merriesheik@paonline.com writes:

I have heard of many folks having their horses become ill after recieving the vaccine intranasally. The horses ran a fever and went off feed a few days was the story I have heard repeatedly. It does not happen every time, but I was concerned that I heard it too many times over a short period of time to not take notice.

That has been my veterinarian's experience also -- too many reactions, she won't give it any more.  Here is a good website I found on Strangles vaccines:

Click here: TheHorse.com: Your Online Guide to Equine Health Care

Sylvia