Problems solved (long)

Hi Judy,
I read with interest your story about your horse and its feet. I understand how a good farrier can make such a difference. I have a horse with extremely crooked front legs, but stays sound no matter what kind of riding we do. That is until recently. To make a long story short, I ended up going through several farriers because they refused to trim and shoe the horse the way I knew this horse had to be done to stay sound (know your horse). Because of this the horse ended up going slightly lame and would not move freely. I have finally found a farrier who took the time to listen to me and do what I asked, even though he felt it was completely backwards of everything he had learned. Within three hours of trimming this horse "correctly" the horse stopped pointing his left foot, began to move more freely, and stopped limping. We are still working through some of the repercussions of poor angles, etc., but everything is looking great and we are getting ready for our first endurance ride. So hang in there. It sounds like you have a good farrier who is looking at the whole horse and not just a hoof. Keep us informed.