<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: [RC]
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:40:56 GMT 2003
  • - Michael Maul
  • - Jessica Spoone

    [RC] - sandy . l . holder

    From: Jennifer Judkins <jenjudkins@xxxxxxxxx>
    Subject: [RC]   Advice on riding other peoples horses

    Earlier this year three of us went to El Paso, Texas and rode three VERY experienced and WELL TRAINED horses at the invitation of a world-class owner/trainer.  Based on the warm welcome, the friendly (and family oriented) crew and the excellent direction by the owner, we had a completely enjoyable ride.  Like yours, my own horse wasn't ready for a 50, wouldn't have traveled well from CA to TX and it was a step up for me (my first 50).  There are a lot of things to consider, for you as well as the owner of the horse, so it's not a slam dunk, but for my riding companions - one of which has trained both the horses in TX as well as my own - it was a truly enjoyable time, by moonlight I might add.

    Good luck in your decision as well as in getting additional input from the ridecamp group.

    ~Sandy
    p.s. if you're interested in more detail, feel free to e-mail me privately