<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: [RC] Horse Vacuums
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:40:28 GMT 2003
  • - Alice Yovich
  • - sharp penny

    [RC] Horse Vacuums - Charles

    I've been informed by my better half (the one that knows stuff about horses) that I really, really, really should think about a horse vacuum when I think about Christmas presents.

    So, does anyone have any advice (my advice in power tools is the higher the volts the better for cordless drills etc).  Have you had one that doesn't work that well?  Have you had one you consider great?  Have you compared it with anybody else's?

    Also, (I'm sure that as horse owners you understand "economy") do you have any favorite place to buy it or price recommendation?

    Charles

    PS: We bought a portable hot water device and found that it didn't do a good job with our really cold winter water, but then, it might be the electricity doesn't give it enough juice to really work.
    ----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Monday, November 11, 2002 5:21 PM
    Subject: [RC] re: winter bathing/grooming

    I must say I love a clean horse to lean on, but I have to agree winter bathing does a job on those wooly coats.  I used to be a fanatic about bathing my horses, clipping, blanketing. I must have 10 grand worth of blankets in my tack room.  I become emotionally fit enough to let them go au naturel the last two winters.  My Manny is in heaven when rolling in one of those really slushy mud bogs and it can be 0 degrees.  I don't think the cold bothers them as much as us.  Oh I'm off the subject here:  Grooming

    My boarding buddies and I bought one of those vacuums a couple of years back.  It was pretty cheap as I recall dividing the purchase amoung 4 or five people.  Anyway, what a great grooming device.  Once you get your horse used to the noise and suction (lots of carrots, please)  it takes 30 seconds and poof a clean horse and it doesn't harm their natural oils and such.

    Jennifer.

    Do you Yahoo!?