<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] bits
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:39:57 GMT 2003
  • - A. Perez
  • - heidi sowards

    Re: [RC] bits - superpat

    I absolutely love my Myler bit which I use for the first several miles of all endurance rides and whenever I anticipate my horse getting anxious when riding with others who may leave him.
    The bit I have is the hinged snaffle on a short shank. I only have to use a pinky finger to bring him back to me and with a regular snaffle, I have to pull for all I am worth and it is harder on him and me.
    Someone wrote in th they absolutely love the Myler #36 with a forward tilt port. Perhaps they will respond to your query.
    Good luck whatever you try.
    Pat
    ----- ----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Friday, November 22, 2002 10:42 AM
    Subject: [RC] bits

    I have a question,I ride english with a pelham bit on the trails,I'm supposed to use a connector between the snaffle and the curb but I only use the curb with single reins.I need control of her out on the trail, however she has been throwing her head around even when we are at a walk and the reins are very loose. There is hardly any port on the bit,someone told me that this bit is to harsh for her. I would like information on any kind of bit that will give control and how I should train her to ware it. I am a first time horse owner and really I don't know how to do this very well. thanks

    Do you Yahoo!?