<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: RE: [RC] Horse/Rider History Books re: PULL CODES
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:39:29 GMT 2003
  • - AprJhn
  • - Charles

    RE: [RC] Horse/Rider History Books re: PULL CODES - Bob Morris

    Frank:

    I understand your concerns about obtaining relatively "general data" concerning the horses. But then consider, we must crawl before we can walk or run.

    Obtaining relatively useful data depends on the source of that data and the reliability of that data. To date, simple things like foaling dates of the horse (and/or birth dates of riders) has proven unreliable even when the information is readily available. We cannot even get accurate, reliable information regarding the starters in a ride. So, to obtain stacks of finite, unsupported data regarding the horses would be a waste of everyone's time and energy.

    We were starting out asking the simple basics of the cause of the horse being eliminated from the ride. Was the basic cause related to two categories? First, the Horse or the Rider? Then when that is determined, if the cause was the horse, the question became Lame or Metabolic? End of questions! Simple was it not?  Two little simple questions answerable by one word in each instance. Hardly takes much thought. But we cannot get those answers because people, for some unknown reason cannot, will not, do not want to, answer with one of those choices,  Again, Was the basic cause horse or rider. If horse, was the basic cause lameness of metabolic.

    Now, you tell me why the membership cannot conform with such a simple thing.

    Bob

    Bob Morris
    Morris Endurance Enterprises
    Boise, ID