<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] RO/Relevance - Who's massaging the data to extract information
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:39:29 GMT 2003
  • - Laurie Durgin
  • - Linda Cowles

    Re: [RC] RO/Relevance - Who's massaging the data to extract information - Heidi Smith

    The veterinary committee collects the data.  AIR, they have put together some general information.  As to where to send it--RM's put the pull codes on the ride result sheets, and also send the veterinary data form (which tabulates the pulls by category) to the office along with the result sheets.  The data forms are then forwarded to the veterinary committee.  Originally, we also tried to institute a general information form to go with the pull data.  Am not sure the current status of that.  Can't give you an exact number of years that pull codes have been in use, but approximately a decade or so.

    Heidi

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Charles
    Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2002 10:24 PM
    Subject: Re: [RC] RO/Relevance - Who's massaging the data to extract information

    As many of you know, I'm new to all this.  So, I've got a few questions.

    How long have pull codes been in use?
    Who collects the data?  And, where does the data go?  (for instance, I collect the records of my ride, where do I send it?)
    What other factors are collected?
    Is anybody doing anything with this wealth (or dearth) of information?  If so, have the made any reports?

    Charles