<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: RE: [RC] Dusty mummy award for sports reporting
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:38:51 GMT 2003
  • - Maryanne Stroud Gabbani
  • - Susan Young Casey

    RE: [RC] Dusty mummy award for sports reporting - Maryanne Stroud Gabbani

    Title: Message
    The Egyptian government. It is run by a sterling individual called Ibrahim Nafaie, friend of H. E. Moh. M.
    -----Original Message-----
    From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Linda B. Merims
    Sent: November 3, 2002 7:41 PM
    To: Maryanne Stroud Gabbani
    Cc: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Subject: Re: [RC] Dusty mummy award for sports reporting

    Maryanne, who owns Al Ahram these days?

    For everybody's information, when I went
    through college in the 70's, Al Ahram was
    the most famous publication in the Near
    East.  It was like a NY Times or Washington
    Post or The Times of London in that it had
    regional importance, and not just
    Egypt/Cairo-local influence.

    I just plain don't remember whether it
    had a reputation for fairness and accuracy
    like that of the US publications (under
    Nassir, one would tend to doubt it), only
    that, if you were going to subscribe to
    one Near Eastern periodical, Al Ahram
    would have been it.

    Linda B. Merims