<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: [RC] Fwd: Fw: Thanks Darolyn-barefootin'
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:36:49 GMT 2003
  • - Roy Drinnan
  • - Kristene Smuts

    [RC] Fwd: Fw: Thanks Darolyn-barefootin' - Judy Houle

    Note: forwarded message attached.

    http://faith.yahoo.com
    --- Begin Message ---

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: peter de carli
    Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 1:29 AM
    To: darolyn@xxxxxxxxxx
    Subject: Thanks Darolyn-barefootin'

    Dear Darolyn,

    Thank you for your inspiring ridecamp treatise on barefoot trimming/riding.  I discovered the websites on it a few weeks ago, and also read the IAHA article about your barefoot win at Fort Howes .  I am going this Saturday to a clinic to learn this trim from someone named Debbie Dutra, who is in the barefoot webring.  I have been going half the year barefoot for years, only shoeing for rides, of which I only do about 200 miles a year.  I've done the Tevis 13 times, and wonder if that could be done with Easybooting the fronts over bad parts.  That would be the ultimate test.  When I first went through the websites it was like an epiphany.  I think your ideas are right on.  I totally believe in going as natural as possible.  I live 6 miles from No Hands Bridge now, and there's nothing but rocks around here.  I hear if your horse is exposed to rocks every day he will get used to them.  Anyway, more power to you,  I only read some of the negative things on ridecamp, and  people sure have a hard time accepting new things!  Horsemanship is so traditional.  What you say makes so much sense to me.

    Thanks again,
    Happy Trails,

    Judy Houle

    --- End Message ---