Morgans in Endurance--Was Endurance Clinic

>> Do you know the registered name of her Morgan?
>>
>> Mel

>WCM Beaumark Morgan. Looks like he has about 850 miles per the AERC horse history site.
>
>Jeanne
>Son Beam Sirprize and Triton Wichita (both Morgans)

Beau is an inbred Nocturne/Ben Don--something which brought a
smile to my face when thinking of all the emphasis the Western Working
Family and Jubilee King types put on "sport Morgan."  He also has a line
to the fabled Lippitt Miss Nekomia who won the GMHA 100 Mile CTR in
the mid-40's.  Physically, he is the proverbial cute little round bay horse.

Beau qualified for the 1997 ROC.  That's where I saw him.  Unfortunately, the
vet bounced him for marginal gut sounds.  One of those "I know my horse
and he's fine--I'm the vet and this is my judgement call" kinds of things.  Beau
promptly went over to his trailer and began to chow down.  Sue subsequently
posted a very impassioned editorial to Ridecamp on the advisability of those
who want to Top Ten campaigning a Morgan:

http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/archives/past/9710/0348.html

Greenall repeated some of the sentiments she originally expressed in:

http://www.endurance.net/RideCamp/archives/past/99/15/msg00327.html

and

http://www.endurance.net/RideCamp/archives/past/99/15/msg00351.html

Food for thought.