Re: RC: DVE ride - AERC Completion Rules

There are many times when problems arise a rides for various reasons, trail
vandalism, inadequate trail marking, color blind riders. Yep, some people have
one hell of a time picking up blue markers, some confuse different colors.
There is some wiggle room in the rules to give RM's latitude to give
completion only if the rider has done the miles. There will be no placement
allowed in those instances.

I would believe that if an AERC director was present and helped resolve the
issue, then the issue should be settled and it is unless a protest if filed.

The thing that may be a bit troubling ( and hope my interpretation of some
pervious post are not correct in this matter ) in this whole thread is that
"it should not be held accountable to the same standard because it is a
multiday ride."  Every sanctioned AERC ride should play by the same set or
rules.

Truman