abuse-very long

I think this is endurance related because it's about a horse. I have in my neighborhood a person who owns an old appaloosa gelding.  About two weeks ago, I notices something wrong with his eye.  Being nosy, I wandered over to see what was wrong, and much to my dismay, his eye was hanging out of his head. Uhg.  I don't know these neighbors, and everyone in this area thinks I'm nuts anyway because my dogs live IN the house AND I ride in an english saddle (therefore, I am stuck up and snotty!).  When two weeks passed with no veterinary care for the guy and his eye was still hanging, I called our animal control and filed a report.  I also called our livestock officer with the sheriffs department, who was the one who came out and made the owners call the vet. His eye now looks much better.

I called animal control today to see if they had done anything about my complaint, only to be told that they wouldn't do anything about it because people would come to their office and yell and scream at them!!!

Well, this bothered me a bit, understandably I think. So, I did some research. Jacksonville is a large city with a lot of rural area in it.  We have only 1 livestock officer to oversee the entire county. That's all the horses, cows, goats, etc.  Animal control and our humane society only does small animals. I am trying to figure out how to start enough noise to get more people overseeing the large animals in our area.  Any ideas?  I am going to check out the Hooved animal humane site to see if they have any ideas, but it's ridiculous to me that there is only one person to oversee the livestock in this area.

Ok, I have now ranted enough, and ya'll are tired of hearing from me.  As you can tell from this email, yes I am a talker while riding. My horse has quite a vocabulary!  Most recent is "damn it alpine, I said WHOA!"

Juli and Alpine (i don't think she ever shuts up!!)