Verbal Cues

Diane Farnsworth dfarnsworth@bak.rr.com
I've been following the threads about bits, riding seats, verbal cues,
etc. with much enjoyment. Learning a lot as well. Val, you are not alone;
I have an excessive library of verbal cues. Some are similar to the ones
already mentioned, others are like the ones Drin Becker hears in the mtn.
regions. Suprisingly, my horse (Richard) seems to understand most, if not
all. Since I work at home and am alone all day I have been known to be
going down the trail carrying on an entire conversation with Richard.
Sometimes I play the harmonica or sing (very poorly). I realize most of
this communication is not of the higher-level training type, but we sure
do have fun. Acutally, this horse is very responsive to anything I ask of
him. The sad thing is in getting ready for our first sanctioned ride he
started showing stiffness after short training rides. Now everything is on
hold to see if this might be the start of navicular. Anybody else face
this and work through it to still compete is LD?
By the way, thanks for your response to my first inquiry about
supplements.