Re: Tom Thumbs

The problem with the tom thumb is that it combines a single joint, a
longish shank (longer than a kimberwicke, anyway), and a curb chain.
There's a nutcracker effect that's unique to the jointed curb.  The
jointed pelham works the same way, but at least with that you can ride
on the snaffle rein as an option.  Personally, I don't like either one.

-Abby B

--
* * *
Abby Bloxsom