Fire Mountain and Thank you's

I would like to thank everyone...and there is such a long list .....

First to Rebecca Florio for picking up a horse in Sunland for me.  It worked out to be a Birthday present for my 4th Daughter, Colleen who has recently showed interest in riding endurance with Heather and I.  Needed another horse.  This horse was a rescue/ help situation that we were very much the ones that won on this deal...he is adorable....14'3" or so....white and nearly bomb proof.....16 years old....with a been there done that attitude.  Has not done any endurance as yet, but should be able to see is daughter really wants to do this sport....

Second I would like to thank Mike and Sue Benson for putting on this ride.  So much work, especially having to mark trail more than once.  I would like to say that there was so much chalk on the ground I could have followed this trail from the air!  It was great.  I had such a good time.  I haven't done this ride for a number of years...the twigs are becoming trees in basecamp!  Really kind of nice...This is one ride where e-z boots really are not necessary....some VERY short sections of rock (like 2-3 steps worth) and the rest is sand of varying depth.  There really wasn't any deep sand that I can remember.

And last but not least I would like to thank Lynne Glazer for once again sponsoring my daughter Heather.  Heather and Marc were ready to go faster than I was on my new horse, so I backed off with the help of Lynne.  This way I didn't get "the look" from teenage daughter that I wasn't going fast enough......Blaze just isn't ready yet.  We finished a good hour after Heather and Lynne with ears cocked and tail flying....couldn't ask for more....Heather was able to go with Lynne and won first Jr in 22nd place....so we were all happy.

So if all goes well and the trail gods are smiling on us...we will see you all at 20MT,

Thanks to all and Happy Trails....
Becky and the gang.