<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: RE: [RC] The Way We Win
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:35:57 GMT 2003
  • - DreamWeaver
  • - Roberta Jo Lieberman

    RE: [RC] The Way We Win - Bob Morris

    Bobbie:

    You stated <<<It's also quite possible that a categorical
    approach rather than head-to-head
    competition would foster more Steve Rojeks, Cia Reis's and
    Bev Grays. They gave
    us a sterling, if not silver, demonstration of the benefits
    of riding to
    conserve the "whole"....they finished our USA team and while
    they didn't medal,
    their mounts will live and thrive to ride another day. It's
    a model worthy of
    emulation.>>>

    Are you stating that the following did not give an admirable
    demonstration to the world?

    FRANCE - 30:37:01
    50 Sunny Demedy Fifi Du Bagnas 9:38:47
    48 Emmanuelle Antinea De Nautiac 10:12:22
    52 Jean-Philippe Frances Djellab*HN 10:45:52

    ITALY - 31:05:52
    83 Fausto Fiorucci Faris Jabar 9:47:45
    80 Antonio Rosi Alex Raggio Di Sole 9:35:23
    81 Roberto Busi Al Jasir 11:42:44

    AUSTRALIA - 32:57:47
    21 Margaret Wade Castlebar Treaty 9:38:51
    20 Kristie McGaffin Castlebar Macleod 10:48:19
    19 Penelope Toft Bremervale Justice 12:30:37

    SPAIN - 33:17:57
    146 Agnes Vilarrubia Pou India 10:09:13
    149 Miguel Moreno Zapata Robin Hood 11:16:59
    156 Esperanza Olalla Prieto Morat 11:51:45

    I believe that the results show that it was not those racing
    to win who were alone in the neglect of the horse but more
    likely those who did not care. One can race every time out
    and still care for the horse. One can be in the top ten
    continuously and not be abusing the horse. And even have
    debilitating events occur while not abusing the horse. I
    cite my wife in the 1990 WEG in Stockholm. Her horse had
    almost 5000 miles of top ten competition with out a pull and
    then slipped and strained a groin muscle in that
    international competition.

    No Bobbie, there is more to it than just going for the win.
    It is the fact that things do happen that all the
    preventative rules and all the precautions will never
    obscure. And incidentally, my wife's horse is now 26 and
    still being ridden.

    Bob

    Bob Morris
    Morris Endurance Enterprises