<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: RE: [RC] Spooking appy
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:35:59 GMT 2003
  • - Maryanne Stroud Gabbani
  • - A. Perez

    RE: [RC] Spooking appy - Snodgrass, Bonnie

    I'd say this horse is bored to death going around and around and around and around. You get the picture? He's probably barn sour ta boot and is spooking in an attempt to discourage the rider handler so he can go back home. Why the heck would he want to go around and around and around.
    He needs a change in routine, be taken somewhere else to be ridden and be ridden by an assertive rider who won't be intimidated by his manipulating. But don't bore him to death!

    Bonnie Snodgrass
    -----Original Message-----
    From: Maggie Mieske [mailto:mmieske@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
    Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 11:19 AM
    To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; beks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Subject: [RC] Spooking appy

    What is this horse being fed?  I discovered early on that feeding Malik sweet feed  would turn him into a blithering idiot and he would spook at ANYTHING when I rode him...since he did not normally do that with me and the only thing I had changed at the time was an increase in sweet feed (ran out of something and decided to make it up with a couple of extra pounds of the stuff), I surmised the change/increase in feed was the culprit.  I took him OFF the sweet feed and he was fine after that.  Doesn't mean he never spooks just that the spooks on the extra sweet feed were especially extra sensitive and out of character for him.  Just a thought to consider...
    Maggie