<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] SPORT SADDLE-I TOO NEED HELP----
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:35:23 GMT 2003
  • - Laurie Durgin
  • - Pete and Debbie LaBerge

    Re: [RC] SPORT SADDLE-I TOO NEED HELP---- - Howard Bramhall

    State Line in no longer selling the Abetta Saddle.  When I found this out last week I had to take a look on the Internet and found the following site who does.  You can also phone in your order if you don't like doing it on the computer (the number is on the site).  The good news is that the saddle is even less from them than State Line.  This is a good saddle for the money (around 320) and it fits most horses.  There is even a new endurance saddle Abetta makes especially for Arabians, but I didn't order that one since my guess is it would be for the smaller type of Arab.  I did buy a saddle online and received it in 3 days.  The shipping charge was around 20 bucks.

    The Abetta is the lightest endurance saddle around (14 to 16 lbs).  Since it's a hundred bucks less than the Big Horn, it's worth considering.

    cya,
    Howard (who loves the smell of a new saddle)

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Vicki Austin
    Sent: Friday, September 20, 2002 12:06 PM
    To: RICMARC@xxxxxxx; Ride Camp
    Subject: Re: [RC] SPORT SADDLE-I TOO NEED HELP----

    Marcie, you can get an Abetta softee at Stateline,  Comes with the special endurance stirrups.   We just got one for Ron as Sierra cannot use a treeless  saddle and the big horn put to much pressure on her shoulders.  You can get brown or black.  They are comfortable and they seem to do the trick for a little money.  Hope this helps.  Vicki Austin