<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: [RC] DAL Nomination
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:34:46 GMT 2003
  • - Rides 2 Far
  • - Susan Garlinghouse

    [RC] DAL Nomination - Howard Bramhall

    OMG!  I can't believe he's doing this.  YESSSSSSSS, there is a God afterall.

    OK, folks, you know we cannot do any better than this.  I won't go on too much about this exceptional man, because I don't want any of you who think you hate me to not vote for the best DAL we'll ever see.  Vote for Truman, he's the man.

    cya,
    Howard (things are looking up for AERC)

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Truman Prevatt
    Sent: Saturday, September 14, 2002 8:39 AM
    To: RideCamp; Distance Riders; Enduranceriders2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Subject: [RC] DAL Nomination

    Below is a copy of my nomination letter sent to the AERC. I would be
    more than happy to address any questions anyone might have. I would also
    urge other candidates to also use this forum to do the same.

    Best Regards,
    Truman

    To Whom It May Concern:

    This letter is to put into nomination for Director at Large of the
    American Endurance Ride Conference (AERC) the name of Truman W. Prevatt,
    AERC member number 8217.

    Mr. Prevatt has been riding endurance and competitive trail and been an
    AERC member since the early 90s. Along with the AERC, Mr. Prevatt is a
    member of the Southeast Endurance Riders Association (SERA)  where he
    has served as the Florida director for 6 years. He has served one term
    as SERA Vice-President and is serving his fourth term as SERA president.
    Mr. Prevatt has served on the board of directors of the Southeastern
    Distance Riders Association; a Florida based competitive trail
    organization. He has also served on the planning committee of the
    Southeastern Equestrian Trials Conference.

    Endurance riding is an equestrian sport where people with different
    goals can compete and be rewarded commensurate with their goals, be it
    riding to win at local rides, pursuing the AERC National Championship,
    pursuing international endurance riding, riding for miles, riding 100
    mile rides, riding multiday rides or riding Limited Distance rides. This
    tradition and flexibility is what makes endurance riding the greatest of
    all equestrian sports and the fastest growing equestrian sport.

    The AERC faces challenges in the future  a few outlined below. The
    integration of the co-sanctioned AERC/FEI rides has been underway for
    two years. While it seems to be working, there are still some rough
    edges that need to be worked if this concept is going to work for all
    our members. The LD program has been evolving and still is. LD is one of
    the fastest growing areas in the AERC. The challenge is to evolve the LD
    program in such a manner that it fits into the broader scope of
    endurance riding. Three years ago the first AERC National Championship
    in its current form was run. It has grown every year. The challenge is
    to evolve NC ride into the premier endurance event in the world. To ride
    endurance it takes a good horse and a trail. Today we increasingly find
    pressure on our trails. These trails issues will present a significant
    challenge in the future and must be addressed. Finally finances are a
    key issue. Without a good source of funding, a well designed budgeting
    and planning process and responsible accountability for expenditures, no
    organization the size of the AERC can succeed.

    Mr. Prevatt will bring to the AERC board of directors the skills
    developed and honed in over 30 years of experience in Government and
    industry to address and solve the types of complex multifaceted problems
    faced by the AERC today and in the future.

    Best Regards,

    Truman W. Prevatt