<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] Polish horses
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:34:47 GMT 2003
  • - Merryben
  • - Zephyr Arabians

    Re: [RC] Polish horses - Cheryl Newbanks

    I have a Polish/Russian cross who I think is going to be an awesome endurance horse.  He's 4.5 years old and going down the trail as well as any 12 year old.  He's a little over 15h right now, huge feet 1-2 shoe, large bone, perfect mind with no shenanigans and lots of drive but not jig!  He's out of a Witez II Granddaughter and a Muscat Grandson.  He is the most sensible horse I've ever owned, not a spooky bone in his body!  I've had him camping a lot this summer and NOTHING gets him off his food, he eats and drinks real well on the trail too.  He has good conformation, no obvious flaws and also good back conformation, which means not too short a back and a decent size wither for saddle fitting.

    I like him so much I bought his half brother who is a weanling out of the same Muscat Stallion and a Khemosabi mare.  He has the same personality as my 4 year old.

    Cheryl Newbanks
    ----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2002 12:01 PM
    Subject: [RC] Polish horses

    Not like Pledge but like the country! Just wondering - how many people actually bred for or buy Polish horses specifically for endurance? What is your best outcross outside of polish lines when you do breed them, and what would be the worst you have found - for the pupose of producing sport horses, NOT halter horses:)!