<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] Apologies to everyone at The Norco Ride
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:34:23 GMT 2003
  • - Ag47xAu49
  • - Roger Rittenhouse

    Re: [RC] Apologies to everyone at The Norco Ride - superpat

    Hi Ginger,
    I was not at Norco, I don't know you, but I sure admire your class. I have a
    friend (eh...ex..friend) who could just as well have signed your open letter
    after the Bandit Springs ride. Many had to suffer outrageous accusations of
    inept management and vets, as well as vitriolic assaults upon the riders who
    had befriended her and taken her on training rides and offered advice and
    suggestions because they had failed to tell her to send a lead line to the
    outcheck area in case her horse was pulled. Yes! It was their fault that her
    horse had wandered away and disappeared for several hours. (I still don't
    know how she figured that it was not her responsibility to hold and keep
    safe her own horse). It was also the vets fault for not allowing her to
    either ride or lead her horse back to camp after it had been pulled. And on
    it goes.
    After that ride, no one in the endurance community has heard a whisper or
    seen her on the trails. (I think I would be hiding, too). I hear that she
    has decided to give up endurance for the safety of the dressage arena and
    the explicit directions of her instructor.
    But you, Ginger are a class act. What endurance is really about.
    Good luck in the future and I hope to wave at you on a trail somewhere.
    Pat