<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] part-board
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:34:24 GMT 2003
  • - Merryben

    Re: [RC] part-board - Charles

    I've checked with my better half and her advice is:

    If you are sharing your horse with someone specific, draw up a contract that defines who is responsible for what.

    IF you are offering your horse to the barn/stable owner/manager so that anyone can ride, you should draw up a contract about who does what and when, but also realize that anyone and everyone can ride your horse and you will have little say in the matter.  You could be opening yourself up for heartbreak.

    Charles & Susan

    ----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Sunday, September 01, 2002 7:02 PM
    Subject: [RC] part-board

    Anyone have any comments, experience, etc. with part-board? I think this is the right term for it....An owner allows her horse to be used for trail riding (not competitive), but the horse remains at her barn and she feeds and cares for the horse. Her regular boarding arrangements include feed (hay), regular turnout all year round, and 24 hour turnout in the summer on pasture. The boarders pay for shoes, worming, vet bills, special feed, etc. So any ideas what should or should not be included in a part-board arrangement? If the horse gets a stone bruise, who pays the vet? If the horse loses a shoe in the middle of the shoeing schedule, who pays the farrier?  Any info. you can provide me with would be very helpful.

    Lysane