<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] Sheath Cleaning & Psychology
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:33:45 GMT 2003
  • - Charles
  • - Milinda Ellis

    Re: [RC] Sheath Cleaning & Psychology - Bette Lamore

    Your father would be proud, Charles
    It's very easy to make a mistake (and believe me, I've made my share) and it is VERY hard to apologize for it.
    I don't think anyone on ridecamp is upset with you---- you had no malice towards anyone, did not make personal attacks. Hold your head high!
    Bette

    Charles wrote:

    Unfortunately, I have to admit that I am guilty of seeing a quick joke and trying to be funny. My father warned me about this, (son, if there is one thing I wish I could do over again, it's to not say the quick quip sly witticism, and the cheap jokes I've said). For some reason, I didn't heed his advice last night. I am sorry. I made a cheap, sleazy attempt at humor, and have caused some hurtful and angry reactions, causing hurt feelings that could and would have been avoided.

    If I ever meet anyone on a ride (those who know me, and know my horse, know we are talking about 12 months from now) I will try my best to apologize in person (if you remind me, I don't really want to draw more attention to myself at the end of the pack).

    I wish I could blame it on falling off my horse a few times on the same day, but I can't. I didn't suffer a stroke, nor was I under the influence of mind altering substances (not even sugar). I saw a cheap, and sleazy shot at humor, and I admit I took it.

    I am sorry.

    Charles