<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] need saddle suggestions
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:33:10 GMT 2003
  • - Ridecamp Guest
  • - Susan Young Casey

    Re: [RC] need saddle suggestions - Debbie T.

    Shelly,
       I know what you mean about the pommel on the softsteel patriot.  It's amazingly high and sharp; it's dangerous!
    As for suggestions for one saddle that will fit all three horses:  that's a tall order, but the first thing that comes to my mind is the Sport saddle.
    Debbie

    ----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 3:24 PM
    Subject: [RC] need saddle suggestions

    I have always ridden in an english saddle until I couldn't find one in my price range to fit Shadow. I had used Wintecs on my previous horse with no problem. I picked up a new soft steel Patriot right before the original Ortho-Flex company went belly up for less than $700. Shadow loves it. I am beginning to hate it. I'm used to no pommel to speak of and I have gotten some really nasty bruises. This usually happens while jumping logs or ditches. I also really miss having knee rolls. I liked my all purpose saddle. Is there a treeless/flexible panel saddle out there that I would like? I'm not able to spend $2500 for a saddle, so this limits things. I have 3 arabs and 1 saddle has to fit them all. The Ortho-flex does. What about Torsion?

                                            Shelly