<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Fw: [RC] Finish lines and criteria
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:33:12 GMT 2003
  • - Ridecamp Guest
  • - Debbie T.

    Fw: [RC] Finish lines and criteria - Howard Bramhall

    I'll tell you what, I am so confused here, now, more than I ever was before on this issue.  Thanks Truman, Bob, John, and everyone else for making it all as "clear as Georgia mud" for me.   Before this week, I thought I actually understood this rule.  Now, I'm clueless, as usual.

    My question is, "Why wasn't this ever addressed earlier?"  This seems to be one of those examples of some kind of kid's game where you make the rules up, or interpret them, as you go along.  All this time on Ridecamp (for me) and this is the first I've ever heard about this one.  You're now telling me that I don't have one hour after completing a 50 to present my horse?  I'm still not clear on what this rule is.

    All I can say is I'm not going to mention this at the GERA ride coming up next week-end.  And, please, if you're going, don't ask the vet about this rule.  SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!  We got an hour; it's always been that way.

    Every ride I've gone to down here, it's been an hour, after finishing a 50 miler, from the time I cross that finish line (a rarity) till when I have to present my horse to that dreaded vet check.  And, I take up quite a bit of it.  NOt for the horse, for me!

    THere's never a line cause by the time I'm done completing, everyone else is finished, washed, fed, and cleaned up their horses and they're all taking a nap (horses & humans, both).  That's when I do finish, which has become an infrequent event, so maybe, that's why I'm not up on this rule as much as I should be.  I rarely get to experience the 50 mile finish line.

    cya,
    Howard