<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: RE: [RC] Concussions/was runaways
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:32:33 GMT 2003
  • - Annie George
  • - April Johnson

    RE: [RC] Concussions/was runaways - Maryanne Stroud Gabbani

    I know I had a concussion or something once when I was about 13, but I don't
    know what I did, and the crazy way I rode it could have been anything. I
    remember discussions of my back and all, but it wasn't until I was in my
    40's in Alexandria and just getting back to riding that an orthopedic
    surgeon asked to xray my spine to check on what might be causing me pain in
    my arm. He asked me when I'd broken my back and I just stared at him.
    Apparently all the processes (the pointy finger things on the vertebrae that
    attach to muscles) are broken off 4 of my vertebra in the small of my back.
    I honestly can't remember the accident, but he swore that I would have been
    in bed in excruciating agony for a couple of weeks. I guess having a high
    tolerance for pain can be ok, but I wouldn't mind knowing what I did. No
    memory of it at all.

    Maryanne Stroud Gabbani
    Cairo, Egypt
    maryanne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx