<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: [RC] Fw: another tevis story 4
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:31:21 GMT 2003
  • - Susan Garlinghouse
  • - Kirk and Tara Rothwell

    [RC] Fw: another tevis story 4 - Kirk and Tara Rothwell

    ----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 9:34 PM
    Subject: another tevis story 4

    At 1855 we crossed the drainage and began the descent up to Michigan Bluff. Mom didn?t remember it being that far on our training ride. And I remembered that last time I was here the end was close. Mom hopped back on and off we went. I trotted and cantered as far as I could then we would have to slow to a walk so that I could catch my breath. Mom still wasn?t giving up. And soon off we were trotting and cantering. The clock struck 1915; we were about ½ mile from MB. Mom got off and petted me, gave me hug. She seemed sad. Slowly she led me up towards the vet check. Our spirits brightened soon when we saw Viola jogging down to greet us. We all walked in together. I walked right into a vet check. My pulse was 64, my trot sound. All I wanted to know was WHERE IS MY BEET PULP SOUP??? Ah, Viola got it for me. I ate that, drank, and walked around looking for left overs from the other horses. Next to beet pulp soup anything someone else has is better than my own! Kim took care of mom feeding her and getting her plenty to drink. Mom was feeling great with all that good care. What a difference eating makes for her. I was feeling pretty good too. I was about the last horse to leave so we were there quite a long time.

    Finally we arrived at Forest Hill. It was exciting to see all the horses heading out in the dark. I like riding in the dark. But I went back to the trailer and drank and ate (my job and I know it well) .Mom sat with her crew and ate fresh crab Scott Lusk had brought from the ocean.

    Soon we ended up at the fairgrounds. There were lots of other horses there too. Mom put me away with plenty of food and water. I was alone (except of the horse next to me) I called for mom 5 or 6 times and then settled down. Our Tevis was over. I sure hope we can try again someday. I know how much mom wants to do this (she has been thinking about it since she was 9. Dreaming of one of those buckles. I?d sure like to get one for her.

    From mom and me thanks to all of you who helped us to get there.

                Soft nickers, hugs, and love,

                                                    ?T?

                                                    TQ Hot