<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] FYI
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:30:53 GMT 2003
  • - Lif Strand
  • - GoTory

    Re: [RC] FYI - Colleen Egleston

    Thank you, quality over quanity, I say this having just rescued a skin and bones last weekend, her previous owner had too many foal this year and had no room or feed for her.  You can count her ribs and her vertebre, it is disgusting and this is a reputable Arabian breeder in our area.

    I'm waiting for the vet to arrive now.
    ----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 10:49 AM
    Subject: Re: [RC] FYI

    In a message dated 7/24/2002 7:20:33 AM Pacific Standard Time, Magnumsmom writes:

    ET may not actually increase the number of foals as the
    market will only bear so many

    problem is that the market is not bearing what is being produced right now, as the number of Arabians going to slaughter or requiring rescue bears out - and yet ranches keep breeding dozen - or more - each season. Thsi is what troubles me, as much as your statement about narrowing the gene pool - indeed a profoundly troubling idea.